When you go on vacation, there’s no reason your pet shouldn’t either! When you bring your pets to The Hotel at Wateree, they are sure to receive the attention and love they are accustomed to receiving at home. The Hotel at Wateree offers private, climate controlled accommodations and access to the outdoors for dogs, and, for our feline guests, spacious condos with large windows for bird watching.
We offer Luxury Suites that include extra play time in the morning and afternoon! All Suites are also equipped with televisions playing their favorite animal programming!
It’s important to know that we have a full veterinary team of doctors and trained staff who monitor your pet’s feeding schedule and personality. If your pet is a little homesick or feeling under the weather, a doctor or team member will contact you, keeping you up to speed, and answer any questions you have. Whether it’s a weekend getaway or traveling the globe, The Hotel at Wateree is the place for you and your pets.
What You Need To Know
- All dogs must have current immunizations against Rabies, DHP, and Bordetella.
- All cats must have current immunizations against Rabies, Feline viral Rhinotracheitis, Calici Virus, and Panleukopenia (FVRCP).
- All pets must have proof of negative intestinal parasite screen within 6 months to be admitted for boarding.
- All animals must be free of external parasites (fleas & ticks) when admitted for boarding; or will be treated upon admission.
- A cleansing bath is optional on the day of check-out. All major grooming is referred to professional groomers.
- Animals will be checked-in and out during regular office hours only.
- Any animal that requires emergency or immediate veterinary attention will receive it at our discretion, and at the owner’s expense. Owners should be aware that certain medical conditions can be precipitated by the change in routine while boarding. If these problems do arise, they will be treated accordingly.
- An emergency telephone number is required to be left with us upon check-in.
- Animals requiring medication or treatment will be charged appropriate fees.
- Be aware that your pet’s diet may have varied while away from home. They may have barked at other animals, or the temperature & humidity may have been slightly different from your home. This can create problems such as sore throats, tonsillitis, or diarrhea. We seek to prevent such problems, but you must understand that these problems can develop. Owners will be charged appropriate fees for all treatment and medication needed for reasons that are not directly under our control.
- We provide food and bedding during your pet’s stay. We also offer fun, interactive playtime for an additional charge.
0-20lbs • $18.95 per night
21-60lbs • $20.75 per night
61-90lbs • $22.25 per night
90lbs and up • $24.40 per night
Luxury Suite • $29.75 per night/per dog
All weights • $17.95 per night
Day Board • $16.35
Administration of Medication(s) • 4.05* per dosing
*Note: Additional fees may apply if a patient requires more than basic administration of oral or topical medication(s).
TLC (Extra playtime) • $11.50 per day
Packing for your Pet's Stay
It can be hard deciding what and what not to pack for your pet’s stay. Please refer to our packing guidelines below when packing your pet’s bags.
What to Pack
- Food – Although we feed Hill’s Sensitive Stomach food to our guests, we recommend you bring your pet’s normal food with you. Some pets experience stomach upset with abrupt diet changes and combined with being away from home can make tummy problems worse. Some pet owners bring their pet’s food individually bagged for each meal while others bring containers of food and we do the rest.
- Small bed or blanket – We supply bedding for all guests; however, if you decide to bring your pet’s bedding, please have it clearly marked with permanent marker and leave a detailed description of the bedding on your pet’s boarding form at check in.
What NOT to Pack
Bowls – We supply all guests with stainless steel water and food bowls.
Leash and Collar – Upon check-in, you will be given your pet’s collar and leash. During your pet’s stay, we will supply a temporary collar and use our in-house leashes. Rest assured, you are welcome to take our leash if you forget yours at pick up!
Litter box – All feline guests are supplied with a fresh litter box and litter each day so no need to bring your own.
Toys – We have an abundance of toys for our guests! Please leave any toys at home; knickknacks can be easily misplaced during cleaning and playtime. We don’t want guests leaving without their favorite toy, so we keep our toy box stocked instead!